Careers at Sage
Elementary and Middle School Teaching Positions for 2019-2020
The Sage School Mission
The Sage School’s mission is to prepare gifted students to excel, by providing a comprehensive program of academic rigor and social growth inspired by passionate teachers within a nurturing community.
Given an increase in enrollment for the 2019-20 school year, The Sage School is seeking candidates for a number of new teaching positions at the elementary and middle school levels beginning in August 2019. The Sage School seeks creative, collaborative, and passionate, teachers across all academic disciplines.
The ideal candidates will:
- Genuinely enjoy teaching and inspiring the young gifted students.
- Set high expectations coupled with a nurturing classroom setting.
- Use the curriculum to advance the character and social and emotional growth of our students.
- Continuously assess student comprehension and set goals with students for continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with other teachers and other grade levels to create interdisciplinary and inter-grade level curriculum.
- Engage in curriculum-specific summer professional development.
- Maintain a sense of humor and compassion.
- Possess strong writing skills and be comfortable communicating students’ progress with parents in narrative form and in person.
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant academic field is required; a Masters degree is preferred Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and three letters of reference to:
The Sage School
171 Mechanic Street
Foxboro, MA 02035
The Sage School seeks substitute teachers for the 2018-2019 school year. These teachers serve a critical role in our school and must demonstrate the flexibility and professionalism needed in a school setting. During the course of a day, a substitute may be asked to fill in with a range of ages and in a variety of disciplines. The academic program is rigorous and rich in content, depth of study, intellectual challenge, and skills acquisition. Substitute teachers hired at Sage should possess a love of children, a command in the classroom, a sense of humor, and a team approach. Candidates should be reliable and punctual; previous teaching experience is preferred. Please send a resume and cover letter to Lisa Downs, Administrative Assistant to the Head of School, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A substitute teacher is responsible for:
- Providing instruction and implementing teacher lesson plans
- Managing the classroom environment
- Promoting student learning in the absence of the regular classroom teacher
The Sage School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religious affiliation, national or ethnic origin, or sexual orientation.