Careers at Sage
Substitute teacher job description:
- Provide meaningful instruction to students in assigned classrooms while regular teacher is absent
- Review and implement regular teacher's routines, procedures, lesson plans, and curriculum objectives
- Establish and maintain a safe and orderly classroom environment
- Report any student injuries, illness, and serious discipline problems to school administration
- Perform other duties as directed by school administration
- Provide instructional reinforcement for individual students or small groups of students
- Assist teacher with classroom management and general supervision of the class
- Assist with administrative duties such as setting up equipment and preparing materials
- Supervise students in the cafeteria, recess, specials, hallways, etc.
- Attend to students' physical, personal, academic, and emotional needs
- Perform other duties as directed by the classroom teacher and school administration
- Bachelor's Degree
- Willingness and enthusiasm to work with students in a variety of age groups.
Please email a cover letter, resume and three references to:
Betsy Bauler, Administrative Assistant to the Head of School, at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Sage School EEO Statement
The Sage School is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.