Careers at Sage
Position Type: Full-time, Immediate Opening
The Controller is responsible for key operational areas including accounting, reporting, budgeting, and business practices and operations. S/he oversees the school’s day-to-day financial operations. They provide the Director of Finance and Operations with detailed and relevant reporting and build capacity to manage finances by creating or streamlining systems.
The Controller reports to the Head of School and is a member of the Senior Administrative Team and supports the Board, the Finance Audit and investment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for monthly account reconciliations, closing processes, transaction review, and verification, general ledger accuracy
- Manage budgeting processes and report on expense budget components such as wage and salaries, fringe benefit programs, departmental expenses, operational expenses, and capital projects
- Monitor and forecast cash needs of the School
- Reconcile all balance sheet accounts monthly
- Reconcile and update endowment investments with the school’s general ledger accounting records
- Reconcile all general ledger gift records with the Advancement Office and ensure consistency and timeliness in reporting of incoming pledges and new gifts
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget and highlight for management team members any issues with their budgets or spend rates
- Provide financial analysis as needed
- Assist with annual audit which includes coordination with independent auditors and School personnel regarding timing and completion of responsibilities
- Prepare compliance reports and internal and external information requests for financial data
- Assist with contract renewals, negotiations
- Prepare accounting reports as needed
- Prepare ad-hoc accounting reports as needed
- Maintain fixed asset schedule and depreciation schedules
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Finance and Operations as needed
Required Knowledge and Critical Skills:
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and orally
- Ability to share knowledge and information
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, with demonstrated strong skills in Excel
- Demonstrated self-starter, with strong analytic, problem solving, critical thinking and research skills
- Demonstrated organizational, time management, and multitasking skills
- Thorough knowledge of Blackbaud Financial Edge
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Knowledge of finance, accounting and budgeting principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- A high degree of computer literacy and strong skills in spreadsheet-based financial analysis.
- Ability to analyze and organize financial data and the ability to make accurate computations.
- Ability to self-motivate, and problem solve.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills.
- School experience required
The Sage School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Underrepresented groups and all persons that value the free expression of ideas, the individual contributions of its members, and all types of diversity are strongly encouraged to apply. The Sage School is committed to having a diverse faculty and staff and strongly encourages applications from people of color, women, and people who are multilingual and share our commitment to the core values of Passion, Excellence, Respect, and Collaboration.
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and three letters of reference to:
The Sage School
171 Mechanic Street
Foxboro, MA 02035
The Sage School seeks substitute teachers for the 2019-2020 school year. These teachers serve a critical role in our school and must demonstrate the flexibility and professionalism needed in a school setting. During the course of a day, a substitute may be asked to fill in with a range of ages and in a variety of disciplines. The academic program is rigorous and rich in content, depth of study, intellectual challenge, and skills acquisition. Substitute teachers hired at Sage should possess a love of children, a command in the classroom, a sense of humor, and a team approach. Candidates should be reliable and punctual; previous teaching experience is preferred. Please send a resume and cover letter to Lisa Downs, Administrative Assistant to the Head of School, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A substitute teacher is responsible for:
- Providing instruction and implementing teacher lesson plans
- Managing the classroom environment
- Promoting student learning in the absence of the regular classroom teacher
The Sage School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religious affiliation, national or ethnic origin, or sexual orientation.